The Christians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Christians

The forum for http://www.thechristiansite.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  Our Website  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a prayer request for my son John

Go down 
+2
OtK iT
Abigail
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abigail
Abigail

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-19

a prayer request for my son John Empty
PostSubject: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:09 pm

John attends a Christian college working toward a degree in keyboard performance. He loves to play piano and organ. One of his current jobs is playing piano for a choir on Wed. and Sunday at a local church. He's been encouraged to audition for another job as pianist and organist at another church in the area. He will play for them this coming Sat. and Sun. and has been practicing like crazy so he can do a good job. He is in "competition" for this job with 2 or 3 others auditioning. I'd just like to ask for prayers for him to be able to do his very best and glorify God with his playing. If he were to get selected, the job will pay enough for him to pay a semester's tuition in a year's time. He is a freshman, so he would have the job for 4 years! He e-mailed me today and he really is excited and wants this job.
Back to top Go down
OtK iT
OtK iT

Number of posts : 24
Quote : This War Is Ours
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:31 am

I will pray for your son!Don't you worry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mawmaw
mawmaw

Number of posts : 20
Quote : Perhaps today.
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 am

I will pray for your son. May God use his talent to glorify Him. God bless him.
Back to top Go down
Vee
Vee

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:27 am

Hi Abigail!! I'm so glad you joined us over here. You know you have our prayers. This sounds like such a wonderful opportunity. I pray your son gets this job and as mawmaw said, can use his talent to glorify God. What great thing!
Back to top Go down
tHeRoBoTwItHhUmAnHaIr
Admin
tHeRoBoTwItHhUmAnHaIr

Number of posts : 62
Quote : If silence is golden, why is duct tape is silver...?

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Wow, that's really awesome what he's doing! I would love playing music in my church, but there's other jobs I do. I'll pray for your son!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dontsaythat.tk
Abigail
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for your prayers. I'll post an update at some point so you know how this turns out.
Back to top Go down
Pap-Pap
Pap-Pap

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:11 pm

I have prayed for John as well Abigail. God bless him, you, and yours.
Back to top Go down
http://lovernhome.us/faith/
Abigail
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I thought I should give an update. John had a final audition on the big organ at the college yesterday along with one other guy. They told them they would make their decision and let them know by Monday or Tuesday next week. He said he did fine at his audition and is pretty confident. He also said he thinks they should split the job up and hire both of the guys. One could do the Sunday services and one could work with the choir on Wednesdays and Sundays. Then when one of them needs to be gone or go home for a weekend, they could cover for each other. Whatever happens, it is God's will. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
mawmaw
mawmaw

Number of posts : 20
Quote : Perhaps today.

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Abigail, I will continue to pray for John. It would be wonderful if they both got the jobs. I do hope John gets the job. He would be a great asset to glorify God thru hie music. sunny
Back to top Go down
Abigail
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 am

bounce
He did get the job! He starts April 1. Wednesday night choir practice is his first assignment. He's very happy. Thank you all for your prayers. He is a little nervous as all of his professors go to this church so he is going to be under very watchful eyes and ears.

His birthday is April 5 so I bought him some new dress clothes to wear, and his grandma did also. He will work all summer so unfortunately I will not get to see him much. It is a 3 hour drive from here. He can stay on campus this summer for $5 a night! He'll have to get another job on campus, either in the welcome center, or cafeteria, or doing maintenance. He'll take a week off at the end of July to be with us.
Back to top Go down
Vee
Vee

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Oh Abigail that's awesome!!! Congrats to you both. I am so happy to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a prayer request for my son John   a prayer request for my son John I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a prayer request for my son John
Page 1 of 1